Monday, December 10, 2012

Three Guys and a Girl

I was behind on errand running due to the snowstorm this weekend so I decided to go do my laundry tonight. I hated having to stay away from the comedy club, but I knew it was tough going by car out there. For a while I was by myself at the laundromat, but as the dryer was about to finish a group of four people showed up, three guys and a girl. One of them asked me while I was reading a book if I had a quarter for two dimes and a nickel, I said no. The girl said I was a liar, but also proved later on how she just loved to argue with them. One of them spoke about the Vikings game on Sunday, then she tried to say they didn't play the Bears. But of course, they did really play the Bears. I didn't feel the need to engage them in conversation, like saying I had attended the game, as early on they proved to be types that I wouldn't enjoy being around. They swore a lot in that short time I was there. Not sure where all of their names were, but I know the guy in the glasses was Tito and another man was Tic-Tac. The girl had a work ID on for Champs, not to be confused with the bar and grill as there was some mention of games. If it was a video game parlor, I wouldn't know much about those kinds of establishments as I haven't been there much in recent years. They showed up shortly before the doors were going to lock up for the night, and many of them were goofing around and their leader told them to knock it off. I was very focused during that time, wanting avoid them as much as possible and get out of there quickly. They had left their laundry unattended for a while, as upon my arrival I did see some full but finished dryers.
   Another E-bay item arrived earlier today, it was a book called 'American Quality Legend' about the Maytag Appliance Company, published at the time of its centennial in 1993. I did think it was ironic how I was reading it a little while at the laundromat, where there were some Maytags but mostly other brands like Whirlpool or Dexter.
   At lunchtime I walked over to the remodeled Union Depot in Lowertown and got a good look around, which included finding the repainted Snoopy statue. I've seen some of these historic railroad depots before, like Union Station in Chicago. I liked seeing some of the artwork on the wall of the terminal, or friezes, as it was depicting the railroads in a nice pattern. I will want to get some pictures soon but it means coming back with my camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment