Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hyde Park on Hudson Movie

I went to an advance screening of the movie 'Hyde Park on Hudson' with my date tonight at the Lagoon theater in Minneapolis. Tickets were won through the St. Paul Saints baseball team, as lead actor Bill Murray is a part-owner of the team. There were some drawings going on as we arrived.
    I really enjoyed this movie since my college major was history. I noticed how they got the mannerisms down real well for President Franklin Roosevelt, Murray's role. I was used to seeing his picture in the history books with a cigarette holder and having his head looking up. I thought it was odd that I didn't see the movie title on the screen until the closing credits were rolling. But it wasn't too big of a deal to me.  I should have expected it to be funny when it's a Bill Murray movie, and it was. There was a joke about famous people from that time that really worked for me since I knew who they spoke of. I was familiar with just the lead actors in it, Laura Linney as well as Murray. I saw an ad on TV for it after getting home, something how it may be worthy of awards. I noticed in the credits how the British Lottery helped fund it, so it had cooperation from the Brits, which is helpful when it's about the royal couple visiting America.
   I like going to advance screenings, dating back to the original 'Shrek' in 2001. And I did pick up a poster for it much like when I saw 'Shrek'. This was near the door. Also picked up a card about 'On The Road', based on the Jack Kerouac book. I've told myself I need to read the book first, then see the movie. Otherwise it's unlikely that I will read the book at all.
   Traffic moved better today to and from work, I was pleased with seeing this as I don't enjoy being late for work. I made up the 30 minutes today with a shorter lunch. Since there was a 'Lunch and Learn' speaker on Tuesday I didn't want to do it same-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment