Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Box at Taco Bell

 This is actually Friday's entry, but I fell asleep and missed the cutoff for the same day. For the evening meal I had 'The Box' at Taco Bell, according to my receipts for the month it was my third visit to this establishment. I like what I get in this particular choice, due to the variety. But I was a little surprised when this time one fo those three wasn't the Loco Taco. I'm not too picky, and everything still tasted good. I just recall how originally I chose it after having a free Loco Taco after a 'Stolen base at the World Series' promotion.
   It was a fairly busy day at work, as I was just one of two people in the department. I was reciting this to a few people as to why. One of them had his last day a week earlier, another is on leave and not sure when returning. Then the other two were taking vacation days. So it was just me and the 'Lollipop Girl' from New Jersey, our newest member who was hired earlier this year. But we found a way to get things done. I did my normal duties, our larger payoff report. But the volume was fairly low. It was less than my share for a Monday, our busiest day, so it didn't take long to do. Then I did special requests starting around midday after finding out nobody had done them yet. There weren't many waiting, just six requests all day.
   One of the things I really wanted to get done was finish my application for another role in this office. I thought I had on Monday but there was a message waiting for me earlier today. It arrived on Thursday, when I wasn't there. It said I hadn't submitted an internal resume when I 'threw my hat in the ring'. So I had to figure out how to do so, and wanted it done by the end of the day for the peace of mind. It said I had a week to re-submit, and when I had the time right away I didn't want to wait until the last minute. It wasn't too big of a deal, just a few clicks on the computer and attaching it on the reply to the HR rep, who happens to be in Milwaukee. I got a confirmation later in the day saying it was received, so far so good.
   I liked watching 'The Simpsons' syndicated rerun instead of the 10pm news tonight. It was the one where Bart and friends go crazy on spring break, and arrive at the Knoxville, TN, World's Fair more than a decade late. I think I like it as it's a road story, and I do like road movies. It was also funny as it included Principal Skinner deciding to close the school a day early due to his travel reservations to Hong Kong. Then he sends a note home saying the kids can go to work with the parents, but being a housewife doesn't count as one doesn't get paid for it. There was also a joke about Branson, MO, in it. This served as a reminder of the late Jeff Rhody, one of the reasons I ended up in comedy. He said he liked the Branson joke as bart said 'My dad tells me this is what las vegas would look like if Ned Flanders were running it'. Meaning, all of the entertainment but none of the gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment