Monday, December 17, 2012

Kellogg's Olympic Cereal

    Earlier today, I finished a box of Kellogg's Olympic cereal. I like trying items from the discount table at the grocery store, and this was one of them. When it was first bought the cashier was surprised to see it. I said it likely ended up on the discount able as it wasn't selling well. It's a shiny box and is vanilla flavored multigrain cereal. They chose well on the colors of the little rings of cereal, as it happens to be red white and blue. There are 8 official Team Kellogg's athlete cards on the back, for Team USA. It is mainly from the sports I would expect, as America does well in swimming (2 cards) and track and field (also two). Others are for competitors in gymnastics, beach volleyball, soccer, and table tennis (or ping pong). Since I haven't followed the Olympic Games much in recent years I recognize just one name: Summer Sanders, listed as a 'swimming legend'. She is described here as the most decorated U.S. Olympic swimmer in 1992.
   At the comedy club tonight I did have a drink at the bar with a comic I knew, who is doing a show I got a Facebook invite for. The show is in January. He has done other shows around town, like at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis. Liked seeing the show closer, the Worthington native who is back from California. He did a joke I had heard before but still like, it was about a play which was a takeoff of the variety show 'Hee-Haw'. He called it a hillbilly version of 'Saturday Night Live', which is fairly close if somebody wanted to describe it to somebody that hasn't seen it before. I have met a few people who haven't. I saw the show some as a youngster. My parents liked the country music on it, and when I saw some episodes on DVD I noticed they did plenty of corny marriage jokes. That's bad, no that's good. Also that's good, no that's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment