Monday, December 31, 2012

Why Is That Door Closed?

   I recall the movie 'Breakfast Club' where the teacher in charge of Saturday detention asked 'Why is that door closed?' Well I had to ask this earlier today. I wanted to drop off some mail and the post office I went to was closed. So it means finding another place for it. Not sure why as many other businesses were open today, more so than last week. I made sure to be out to get the bus earlier, as I expected the buses to be on the weekend schedule and I didn't want to be late. The payoff report arrived late so I was still working on it when I wanted to go to lunch. I was willing to help a newer colleague when there were questions about special requests by saying I needed to go back to my cube anyway since it was time to get a snack. It was a Little Debbie Christmas brownie.
  I went to a different club tonight for a comedy show since it was New Year's Eve. I liked reading about being able to see the act known as Valley Meadows, and I happened to see them last year as well. I had some Lone Star Beer as I don't see it too often and it reminded me of the movie 'Urban Cowboy'. I had seen this act at their CD release party back in August. This was when I also saw a mock country music act known as the Dirty Curls, and one of their instruments happened to be a banjo. The Curls did this NYE show as well, it didn't take long for me to confirm it was the same act. All I needed to hear was their song about being obsessed with Vice President Joe Biden. At the end of the night I ended up with a tour shirt. The show ran long, plenty of comedians before the headliners, but it was worth it to see the Meadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment