Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kiss Me For Charity

At the comedy club tonight, the first comic after the M.C. had a sandwich board saying 'Kiss me for charity'. He had a suit on and a red bowtie and red-framed glasses. There was some mistletoe hanging over his head, that he took down when not on stage. He ran over his time and was drowned out by the music. He wasn't that funny but those who came onstage later were when referring to him. The show closer was also the show runner, somebody I greeted on the way in after getting my drink. He spoke of musician Brother Ali being at a club recently, I spoke of knowing very little about this act. I mainly knew about the mention on the Saturday Night Live 'Weekend Update' fake-news segment, where they also spoke of 'Chemical Frazier' in reference to the famous Frazier-Ali boxing match.
   At work I saw to it that things were caught up as I would be taking the following day off. It meant handing off one item, where the VINs didn't match on an electronic title that recently arrived. It went to my manager.
   After getting home from the comedy club, I decided to get some more of my stamps applied onto a throwaway 8 1/2 by 11 page. I had a fair amount waiting, and it meant the page is already over half-full. While they are mostly American stamps, there are some Canadian stamps and one British stamp. The Canadian stamps are from ordering items on E-bay, as sometimes the sellers are from there. The British stamp was left over from my traveling to Great Britain for a wedding in June. I decided to keep just one style of stamp each, no duplicates. So it meant not using a few penny stamps, which had been used as 'make-up' stamps at the times of rate increases.
   There is still plenty of media coverage about the shooting in Connecticut, and on Yahoo there was an article about the deadliest school shooting ever in America. It happened in Michigan in 1927, killing over 40. It was in a town called Bath, about 10 miles northeast of the capital city of Lansing. There was some mention of how the media coverage of the event was largely over after a week. This was in part due to the famous Charles Lindbergh flight across the Atlantic, which happened just a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment