Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Novel, Not The Hurricane

  When I was researching Emerson Hough I thought I had found another book, but it was not to be. There is a novel called 'Sandy', but it's a different author- Alice Hegan Rice. This is a contemporary of Hough's, as the novel was published in 1905. Like many others, I am fully aware of how there's no requirement for accuracy online, and the correct author name is included on the front page of the version I found. It is listed a little after the claim that Hough wrote it. This is likely why it was a hit on the search engine I was using.
  At work I found out I was paid for just two hours when we had an early release on Monday. This means I was left an hour short. So I am deciding to make up the time with taking shorter lunches. There still are a considerable number of personnel not in the office right now due to the holiday.
   I did get stagetime at the comedy club tonight, so I liked being able to try out my 'Uncle Buck' joke. I also spoke of watching the TV program known as 'Yule Log'. Many others seemed to like this program, based on the crowd reaction. I was running out of time so I decided not to do another joke about spotting a fellow comic at church recently.
   There is some mention of the Schwan Cup hockey tournament in the news, I have attended this event before but it's been a while. It looks like the venues have changed some, mainly held at Ridder Arena at the U of M or at the Schwan Complex in Blaine. I liked being able to see it at Aldrich Arena in Maplewood. I have been to Blaine for the Twins Fanfest, but haven't been to Ridder yet. I know it is the women's hockey venue at the university.

No comments:

Post a Comment