Thursday, December 20, 2012

Santa Is A Vampire

The theater guy went through a funny story really quick at the end of the workday. He spoke of how Santa Claus is a vampire. Here goes: first, due to his longevity. Next, being able to withstand the extreme cold. Then, flying only at night. And his helpers aren't elves, just kids. He has a red suit to cover up the bloodstains. Finally, due to solarity moving so fast around the world. I even said how he's often good writing material, in response to his saying it will be quieter soon as his final day is Friday. Apparently just a half day, as he is out at noontime. He said he wanted to move a few things out of the office a little early, like the Nerf gun from the Olympic competition from this summer.
   We had a potluck today, I brought a fruit tray. About half of it was eaten, I liked the pineapple the most. There was a good variety of food there, first time I may have had a Cinnabon treat. I know it had been a while since I had eaten deermeat, or venison. Probably not since college, as one of my roommates liked to hunt. With the cheese and crackers, it was mostly crackers remaining by the end of the day. I liked the pepperoni slices, and all of the cheese was eaten. Somebody brought 'loaded potatoes'- at least I think that is what he called it. This is the sarcastic farmboy that is the clone of my college roommate. I had the potato separate from the beef casserole. Still tasted good that way. We had to wait until the conference room was available, as two managers were meeting in there. So I put the fruit back in the refrigerator for a little longer. I think the potluck officially got started about 20 minutes late, but it was still early for me as this was before 11:30 and I often don't go to lunch until about an hour after that.
   'The Big Bang Theory' episode tonight may have been a rerun, but it seemed to be one that I hadn't seen yet. I say this as it was about Howard in space. Still a good storyline, especially the interactions between Sheldon and Penny. I got another Christmas card, from my friends in St. Louis.  I walked a dog for a friend tonight, the dog sure was anxious to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment