Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Microsoft Excel Class

I wanted to test some things out in a Microsoft Excel class between sessions one and two, as session two is in a few days. I had to ask the instructor how to find it on my computer, and I said I liked his 'substance over style' quote. When I was trying out figures on the spreadsheet, at first I was at a loss for what to use. Then I saw the game scores from the Iowa Hawkeye football schedule, so I used them. I noticed they scored at least 18 points in the four games they won, and 17 or less in 5 of the games they lost. The point differential was minimal, an average of less than four a game. They couldn't find a way to win the close games, which was why they didn't go to a bowl game.
    I got to know my fellow bus riders fairly well today, since the bus wasn't moving all that fast in the morning or the evening. I wasn't thrilled about being 30 minutes late for work, but what can you do? In the evening it started early, a younger man behind me who said things like 'we better not get stuck going up this hill'. It was about 30 minutes late getting home as well.
   I did make it to the comedy club tonight, after giving up last night's show I didn't want to skip another one if I could help it. Liked seeing the show closer there, he was unfamiliar about the Twins fanfest which will be in January. I said I like the bathtub joke but know he will probably do plenty of new material. He did one about somebody shopping at Menards on Black Friday, I liked it. Another comic was wearing a hockey jersey, which is commonplace in a hockey-mad state like Minnesota. But this was a fairly rare kind, the 1980 Olympic 'Miracle on Ice' edition. At first I couldn't tell what name was on the back, just the number 30. But eventually I did see it said 'Craig', as in goalie Jim Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment