Friday, December 21, 2012

Golden Retriever Pulling Lawn Cart

Today was the theater guy's last day, he left at midday. I did get some more good stories before then. When I spoke of being caretaker for a friend's dog he spoke of having a golden retriever that was as happy as a clam to pull the lawn cart. A colleague said 'He's the random advice man'. One of his fellow bus riders said they should tell him to be careful, but I'm not even sure you know the meaning of the word. There was also flying a Cessna, thought he said a 152. I did find a group page on Facebook about his shows, but I had to send an invite and hopefully I will be accepted. I did recognize a card shown, as it was the same one I have near my laptop. It advertises a fashion show called 'Il Tempo Vola' that he was a part of in October. It's also a spooky tea party. He wasn't a Facebook friend as I didn't need this connection as long as he was a colleague. I sent a card, he said thank you. I said I haven't done this for many before. But I wanted to acknowledge somebody who had taught me plenty and somebody I could relate to as were are both performers in some form. I gave him a salute as he was leaving. He didn't have to make his rounds to say goodbye to anyone, as those who wanted to found him. I have seen many come and go in nearly 14 years working for the same company. But he was truly one of a kind, and this is anything but cliche. He is one of those from work in my 'ring of honor', and relatively few colleagues have this distinction. It was from last year's state fair. I knew well enough to ask as there was no longer a chance for pictures at the office.
   There is plenty of inspiration to be found everywhere, it helps to pay attention of course. When I was taking the bus home tonight I saw somebody who was wearing a winter hat which said 'parental advisory, explicit content' much like the sticker on some CDs. He also had a hoodie coat with a pattern of skulls all over it. While waiting for the bus I saw four young dudes pass by doing a rap. 'Never trust a (expletive) you have to watch'.

No comments:

Post a Comment