Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Abandoned Loaf Of Bread

   When I was on my way to catch the bus tonight after work I saw a loaf of bread on the street. I hated to see it as abandoned, as it was a waste of food. It reminded me of seeing something similar this summer, a jug of milk.
   We did the second segment of the health movie at work, and in it I said I recognized the grocery store as Hy-Vee, being from Iowa. Sure enough, it's where they were. The filmmaker, Joe Cross, was helping somebody from Sheldon, in northwest Iowa.
    It was busy after work. First I briefly went to a networking event across the street. I had some of the furnished food but no drink, which cost extra. The senior leader I know said he wouldn't be attending it. After I got home I went to vote, which didn't take long. Only things on the ballot was mayor and school board. Then it was on to get a haircut, at Sport Clips.
   I did have to wait a little for the haircut, but I didn't miss much at the comedy club. The show closer was a member of the Valley Meadows act. I thought he was going to do a joke about working in a bookstore just to be eye candy for the cougars. He said he may do this joke later in the week. After the show ended I heard some music and was surprised how it wasn't the typical lounge singer versions of popular songs. Still don't know who the lounge singer is.
    I made it to a Barnes and Noble just before closing and got another little Charlie Brown book, 'Be Kind' and another Simpsons comic book. When I was at work I started to think about how many Charlie Brown books I have. Tonight I did check my bookcase, and it comes as no surprise how I have plenty- 38! I was looking at E-bay listings and said I wanted to avoid getting books I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment