Friday, November 29, 2013

Fundraiser At Eagles Club

      I am looking at a flyer from 2008, advertising a fundraiser for a colleague who was dying of cancer. It was the event that eventually led to me doing comedy since I got the gift certificate at the silent auction. This is a flyer that will be put in plastic and then placed in a binder. In some ways it is appropriate that I found it again shortly after returning from the comedy club tonight. I told myself I needed to get to a show tonight since I didn't make it to one on Wednesday. It did pay off, as I heard about a show next month really in need of performers as it is an anniversary event. Notable was me telling one new comic to tell some jokes as he wanted to talk with the MC first. He was late going onstage and at first it looked like he would be passed by. He wanted to know if he still could do jokes. Before the show some comics kept laughing when I spoke of the search for Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. I was asked if I had spoken of it onstage and I said I had, last year.
   I did stay in for much of the day. There was plenty I wanted to get done. This meant cleanup of course. I found some old notes and consolidated them by recopying. This included my comedy notes, so now I have another full page in the binder. I really filled it up with various things I wanted to save, like mention of the funding approval for a new Saint Paul Saints baseball stadium. I went out at midday to eat at Taco Bell, and in the evening to eat at Subway. I watched Iowa's football game at Nebraska starting before midday, Iowa won something like 38-17. They led 14-3 at the half. In the evening before heading out for the show I saw 'The Grinch' and then 'Shrek The Halls' on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment