Tuesday, November 26, 2013

'Angel' by Shaggy

   When I arrived at the comedy club tonight I heard the song 'Angel' by Shaggy playing. It is essentially a cover of 'Angel of the morning'. Whenever I hear it I think of being at a baseball game in Milwaukee in 2001, about a week after September 11. It was playing before the game, along with 'Just a Girl' by No Doubt. Though I didn't know the performer until attending a class reunion less than a year later, as it was played there and I asked the DJ.
   I was the second performer tonight after the MC, and I did plenty of new jokes. Before the show I picked up a Harvey Pekar book I ordered last week. It was a graphic novel version of 'Working' by Studs Terkel. When I opened the book I randomly flipped to a page where the occupation being profiled was a grave digger.
     At work I stayed busy with special projects. I finished one of them by completing the spreadsheet.  This meant finding the three home improvement accounts I had passed over earlier. I printed contracts for two of them, unable to find anything for the third. Since there were hundreds to find it was tedious, explaining why I missed them on the first try as I needed to have really good notes, showing them as 'Not found'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment