Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spinning The Office Chair

     We have had plenty of meetings to attend lately at the office. Not sure why, but I think some of it is due to having a new boss. This afternoon it was one about updating a procedure manual. Some things needed to be added, but not many. At one point I was so bored, and tired, that I decided to spin around my office chair while I was sitting in it. Don't know if anyone noticed. May be close to where the inspiration of 'Spinning the wheels' comes from, usually meaning 'Getting nowhere'. There was mention of the supply drive for the troops being extended another week, through this Friday. When I found out one thing on the list was dental floss, I decided to donate some as I get it all the time when I have dental appointments.
    At the comedy club tonight there was one comic near the end of the show where I said 'WTF'? It was the oddest comic I had seen in a while. He went way over his time, was lighted numerous times, finally the MC just went back onstage to say his time was up. He was laughing at his own jokes, and said he hadn't done comedy in a while. One joke was about President Kennedy, which wasn't funny to me since we are seeing plenty of news lately about the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination.
   At the same show, I liked speaking with the show runner after the show. I said I often find inspiration for writing after attending comedy shows. This was in reference to hearing how she does some blogging as well. I liked her joke about being diagnosed with lupus by an aunt who flunked out of nursing school. Another one about dinner reservations for Thanksgiving was good as well, since it is relatable to my own family. And one about offbeat seating arrangements at the office was brilliant.   I saw the neck tattoo and GED comic before the show and said he should be in the ring of honor. Hopefully that will happen soon, but it has to be when schedules match up and when I bring my camera of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment