Friday, November 1, 2013

Pop A Top Again

   When I was driving home after the comedy show tonight, I heard a song on the radio called 'Pop a top again'. I know this was something my dad would randomly say when I was young, and didn't understand why. This was also true with 'King Creole', then I found out it was an Elvis Presley movie. Wikipedia said there were two different versions of the song, first by Jim Ed Brown in 1967 and then by Alan Jackson in 1999. It was likely the one by Jackson that I heard. The article also said it was part of a popular drinking game in the South, having to drink a beer after hearing those words in the song. It seems to be about relationships, since it does say something about another fool sitting down.
    Notable about this comedy show was one comic saying 'This mic is for talking into' and I said 'Yep', then he acknowledges me. This is the one that does the Tetris joke and the 'Pump and munch' joke, and has an Oregon Trail shirt. Though he wasn't wearing the shirt tonight.
   At work I did take down Halloween decorations. I made quick work of it, and the toughest thing was getting the ghosts down that were hanging from the false ceiling. I had to kneel on a table to reach them. I didn't want to use the office chairs since those aren't stable enough when standing in them.
   Also notable after the show was stopping at a Walgreen for toothpaste, and noticing there was some discounted Halloween candy. So I got two Reese's peanut butter pumpkins, and a box of Booberry cereal as well. I haven't had this kind of cereal in a while. I think I saw the same man when I arrived at a parking lot as when I was leaving after the show, as he had a Sherlock Holmes outfit on. Even though it is the day after Halloween, some are wearing costumes tonight. Even one of the comics did. I did a doubletake at first and noticed it was just a police officer costume and not a real cop.     

No comments:

Post a Comment