Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Rasputin

     I did the Wii dancing thing this afternoon. One of the songs we danced to was called 'Rasputin'. I don't think I had heard it before. It did tell a story, the nice thing about the lyrics being on the screen. There was something about his love life, and being poisoned, and the Russian czar. Of course any mention of the czar I will think of seeing the play 'Fiddler on the roof'. Other songs we danced to included one by the Beastie Boys, called 'Body movement' if I'm not mistaken. Another was the one by Fat Boy Slim that was in the movie 'She's all that'. I said I was too ashamed to say to a total stranger- when I was living in suburban Chicago- how I was on my way to see the movie. I needed directions to the theater. Why? Likely since it was a 'Teeny-bopper' movie as my dad would say. But I still liked the story in the movie quite a bit.
    I thought about placing some more E-bay orders today, but after doing plenty of research I decided to wait. I've ordered a decent number of items recently, and it's fine to wait until some of them that I've already ordered arrive. I've placed 9 orders in the past week. I liked some of the finds I made during this research, like the 1967 Canadian coin series for their centennial. I have the penny, a bird is on it, I think a dove. The nickel has a rabbit, the dime a fish, the quarter a big cat (I think a cougar), the half dollar a wolf, and the dollar a goose. So they liked celebrating the wildlife there. Another thing I found was more Franklin half-dollar coins. I know the items available on this site do ebb and flow. I am still hopeful to get a good deal on the half-dollars. As expected, it does tend to be easier to order a set than to try to complete it piecemeal.
   At the comedy club tonight my 'Bestie' was next to last in the lineup. He did some new material, like being hit on at a wedding recently. And more about his relationship, how there was a long dry spell before the current relationship. He is performing locally this weekend, and I will try to figure out how to attend one of these shows. I was hearing some about the Dave Chappelle show from the server, as she attended the show at First Avenue. Something about no beer being sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment