Monday, November 11, 2013

Canadian Pennies Ordered

      After getting the folder for the Canadian pennies, I started thinking about ordering more and did so on E-bay today. I did this in three separate orders. One was the 2012 edition, the final year. One was from 1911, the oldest one I found on the site that was a 'Buy it now' and on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Then there was a lot of 8, and the oldest in this order was from the 1930s. It will be nice to have the folder more filled up, and be able to look at the evolution of the coin at a glance when they are right next to each other. I may want to order more but hard to say how many. The one from 1911 is larger, I understand, so it will not fit in the folder. Having one from the 1920s, when they first got smaller, would be nice. Many of these are 'Bid on' which I don't like as much since it means waiting longer for it, and it may get more expensive as well. There are 36 slots, but it may be unrealistic to try to fill all the slots. The coins are becoming more scarce and it means ordering them and paying well over face value, partly due to shipping fees. This was why I selected these- seemed to be more bang for the buck. At the same time, I found out there is a Canadian half-dollar coin, though not many are in circulation. I still need to study the listings more before I select one.
   I went to the Artists Quarter in downtown St. Paul tonight. First time there. It was nice to see some familiar faces, as some comedian friends were there. I did perform, I was fourth in the lineup, and got a business card about how to find my video on Youtube as they did film the show.
   At work we were short by two people, though one was a scheduled day off. We figured out how to see that the highest priorities were covered, this meant the payoff report of course. Some had a later release date than others, so some of it waited until afternoon. It looks like all of it was finished by the end of the day, and this is the most important thing.
   After work I watched a DVD I bought at Walgreen this weekend. It was called 'MLB superstars show you their game', hosted by softball player Jennie Finch. It was copyright 2005, which may explain some of the footage seeming a little dated. A Phillies player was shown at what looked like Veterans Stadium, and of course the Phillies haven't played there in 10 years. It was mentioned that Jennie is a journalist for 'This Week In Baseball', a show I have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment