Monday, November 18, 2013

Quit Confusing Yourself

     I went back to Walgreen tonight after I was at the comedy club and I did get the photo and CD order right this time. I added one to it, as I got the 'Extra murder' comic into my ring of honor. He spoke of opening for Dave Chappelle over the weekend at First Avenue. While I was there I bought two Charlie Brown and Snoopy candy bars, as they were a dollar each. When I got to my car I was ready to leave, had the engine turned on, then asked myself where the receipt was from the previous day. I was about to go back inside the store and then checked my wallet, it was in there. Then I said I should quit confusing myself. For those who know me, this probably doesn't surprise you too much. I can be obsessive-compulsive. I liked how another comic, the show closer, did his time-honored 'Aggressive cuddler' joke.
    At work I was busy for most of the day. This was partly due to having an advisory board meeting mid-morning. I didn't like this but I attended anyway, as I am serious about being on this board and making a contribution. We needed to discuss things related to the holiday party next month so I really needed to be there. Then in the afternoon I needed to complete my self-evaluation as we are having mid-year performance evaluations coming up. I had to submit it by the close of business, or end of the day. I basically wrote the same as I did from the previous one six months earlier.
   It was nice how 5 E-bay orders arrived today. Two were half-dollar coins, one American and the other Canadian. The other three were first day covers. The first was from 1976, about the American  bicentennial, two stamps from the same series as it was a joint issue between the U.S. and Canada. The other was of the 1962 Seattle World's Fair. There were some slight differences on the color of the stamp on the bicentennial edition. To the right of the Ben Franklin image it is blue on the American stamp and brown on the Canadian stamp. At midday I went to the bank and asked about the half-dollar coins they had. Not many, but some. I wanted one more recent than my newest one, which is 1995. They had a 1998 so I got it for face value. So now it means I have 12 half-dollar coins. I was informed by the teller how they get them from customers and not directly from the mint. So it is truly the luck of the draw. I was advised to try other banks to see what they have. According to the Wikipedia article sometimes they are minted just for collectors, since they are not in circulation much. So it may mean checking E-bay for particular years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment