Sunday, November 17, 2013

Snoopy Snow Globe

     I went to Walgreen tonight and wanted to get some photos scanned onto a CD. I get it home and no photos on it, so I will have to try again. I also got some dish soap and laundry soap, as well as a Snoopy snow globe. It has a Christmas theme, and of course Woodstock is in it as well. I like most anything Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I also saw a Rihanna CD there, must have been an early one as it said it was from 2005. I didn't get it as I was unfamiliar with the songs on it, 'SOS' must have been on a later CD.
    After doing some chores, I noticed it was midday. So I checked the Bears schedule and noticed they would play the Ravens, a non-conference game. The paper said they would be on local TV, on CBS. Less competition for the time slot as the Vikings and Packers get priority in this area, especially when most of the games played by these three teams are on the opposite network, Fox. The Bears fell behind early, 10-0. Then near the end of the first quarter the game was suspended due to severe weather. There were tornado warnings in the metro area, and it was delayed for nearly 2 hours. No surprise how they switched us to alternate games, first Jets-Bills and then Browns-Bengals. Updates were given periodically. Well the Bears made the most of the delay, as the momentum swung their way. At halftime they had narrowed the gap to 17-13. They went on to win in overtime, 23-20. Some of the stats said plenty, as the Bears had more penalties and the Ravens were intercepted twice. These picks were turned into 10 points for the Bears. Another stat-third down efficiency- was comparable, as the Ravens converted more but had more attempts.
   I found things to do during the delay besides watch the alternate games. First I went to do grocery shopping. It was the first shopping cart of the day that I took back to the store. Then at halftime I took back five more. In the evening after going to Walgreen I found 6 more, so 12 for the day, tying my record. I ended up missing the start of the second half, but no points were scored during that time, in fact none were scored in the third quarter at all.
   When I did laundry after the game I saw a man enter and say some odd things. First he asked for a light, then said something about a Spielberg movie and a Panasonic 32-inch TV, and said how this was the best dryer. Then he left. Another patron said the best thing with somebody like him was to avoid making eye contact. After I returned from doing laundry I saw plenty of the video I just checked out from the library. It was made by the BBC, and was about Yellowstone Park. There were 3 episodes and I have watched 2. So it leaves one more and the bonus features.

No comments:

Post a Comment