Thursday, November 14, 2013

Visitor From Alpharetta

     At the office today we had a visitor from Alpharetta, an Atlanta suburb. He showed up at two meetings, and moderated the second which was a roundtable. Though I was bored after a while at the second one. I started off with a valid question, as to why the survey results left a lot to be desired. Then it became one big gripe session, and it lasted way too long. The allotment was one hour, though it lasted at least a half hour beyond this. But I left as it was afternoon and I needed to get my normal duties finished for the day. It was just a brief appearance that he made at the end of our senior leader's meeting in the morning. I got an employee of the month certificate, for August. It had been a while since we had held this meeting, usually it is every two months I think our AA had been out on leave for a while. It was the typical day before I am out of the office, staying a few extra minutes. Part of this is due to wanting to put up 'Out of Office' signs on my computer, and a similar reply on my email inbox as well.
    I watched two 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. The syndicated rerun was the one where Howard tries to learn how to fish, and Amy is spanked by Sheldon after she lies about being ill. She just wanted Sheldon to take care of her. The prime time episode brought back Lucy, who had broken up with Raj. Much of the episode was about Sheldon trying to teach Leonard a lesson about not returning a DVD from seven years earlier. Leonard was wearing a red sweater with 'Lenny' on it that gave him a really bad rash.
   One E-bay order arrived, the Fort Snelling first day cover. I decided to place some more orders, five in all. Four were first day covers. Two were from the same series, Ben Franklin from 1976, a joint issue between the US and Canada. Two others were from World's Fairs: Seattle 1962 and New Orleans 1984. I chose these two as I have been to both cities. The fifth item was a Ben Franklin half dollar coin from 1963, and I did do 'Buy it now' as the auction prices weren't any lower once they arrived at the end of the auctions usually. I still may get a second Franklin coin, but for now I like having at least one. I liked how the first day covers were real cheap, this helped offset the cost of the rare coin. I am thinking about placing a few more orders this weekend, like a World's Fair postcard.
  I did the E-bay orders after watching some of 'Sherlock Holmes' (officially known as 'Elementary') which was on after I got back from a long walk around the neighborhood. I tried to call my dad back, but got voicemail. He had called me a day earlier, but I don't have my phone on much.

No comments:

Post a Comment