Thursday, November 28, 2013

Lady Gaga Muppet Special

      This evening I watched the Lady Gaga Muppet special on ABC. I normally don't watch this network much but they had programs on tonight I liked. This started with the first hour, Charlie Brown specials. First was the Thanksgiving special from 1973 where they eat popcorn and toast. Then there was the Pilgrims on the Mayflower episode from the 'This Is America' series from 1988. Then an episode of 'Modern Family', finally Lady Gaga's special, which lasted 90 minutes. It was promoted as a love triangle between Miss Piggy and Lady Gaga for Kermit the Frog. I think much of Lady Gaga's music was from the latest album, 'Artpop'. I of course recognized 'Applause', it was actually played twice but the second time was during the closing credits.
   Since Thanksgiving is a day off from work, I did think of it as a day to get caught up on some things. This included writing some Ticketmaster reviews, three in all. The first, the Bob Newhart comedy show from last week, was done early in the day. The other two were done in the evening, after I had been to a Thanksgiving dinner in the early afternoon. The other two were events I hadn't attended recently, but told myself I should do reviews on anyway. One was the Eminem show I saw at MSG in 2005. Of the 6 musicians I claim as favorites, he was the only one not yet reviewed. The other was about the 'Don't Hug Me Christmas Carol' play I saw nearly four years ago. Since then I saw another one in the series, 'Don't Hug Me County Fair'. Since I like to write I take it seriously when somebody wants a review for an event. I am a little surprised about how it didn't take much to make the upper echelon. I have 35 reviews currently, and this puts me in the top 50. First one was 'Phantom of The Opera' from 2009.
    I liked the Thanksgiving dinner, it was hosted by a comedian friend who lives in Eden Prairie. She does some jokes about being married to a cop, and one of their dogs being put down with a house call. Her sister was another guest. Her husband did arrive in time for dinner, he was working today. I think we all got to know each other on a higher level due to this dinner. When we're at the comedy clubs for a few hours a night, and talking is frowned upon during the shows, it is hard to have lengthy conversations. They had another dinner to attend so I went home after three hours.
   When I got home I did try to watch some of the second football game, Raiders-Cowboys, but I was tired and fell asleep in my easy chair. I woke up in time to see the halftime entertainment, Selena Gomez was performing. She did sing 'Come and Get It', the song I know. I switched over to the Charlie Brown special before the game was over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment