Wednesday, November 6, 2013

We Can't Stop By Miley Cyrus

     It surprised me a little to find out a song I recently heard was by Miley Cyrus, called 'We can't stop'. Sounded more like an R and B or hip-hop artist, at first I guessed Rihanna. I really like it, for the same reason why I like many other songs, as its sentiment is 'It's my life'. It speaks out against those who judge, and haters as well. I like the contrast to the haters as it is followed by 'Someone loves you'. I haven't known much of Miley's music but I was familiar with 'Party in the USA', when she was known as Hannah Montana. This is her other big hit. I liked 'Party' as it's about moving to seek opportunity, so it's relatable. And a reference to a Jay-Z song also works for me. Another concert of hers was just announced for the area, and the media said she was 'Controversial'. Not sure why, but I know other popular singers before her were labeled as controversial. I may not necessarily understand what 'Twerking' is but I am familiar with how music has long been a way for people to express themselves, young or old. So who am I to judge?
   After a dental appointment I headed to the comedy club. Once again the dental assistant asked me if I had been to any concerts lately, specifically Bruno Mars. I had to say I wasn't familiar enough with his music. At the comedy club the 'Extra murder' comic was the show closer. I liked how he added a swear word to his 'First world problem' joke. I said it reminded me of another comic who did this when doing a pizza surgery joke. A comic that also seats people at this show said he liked my car, and how the makers of it were introducing a new model soon at the Detroit Auto Show.
   We did finish watching the health movie at work, and I didn't win anything in the drawings. I had more V-8 juice in the cans, there was plenty available.

No comments:

Post a Comment