Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dope By Lady Gaga

      I wanted to listen to some versions of the song 'Hallelujah' by Leonard Cohen tonight after work but with one of them there was an 'Ad' and it showed Lady Gaga's song 'Dope' first. Since I was in the bathroom when it first started playing I didn't pay close attention at first. So I will need to listen to this song again soon to get a better opinion of it. It seemed to be a piano ballad.
   I had a first date tonight at the Chicago hot dog place, and I am hopeful that there will be a second date. But of course this is out of my hands. I spoke with the order-taker about comedy before my date arrived, as he was interested in the subject, saying he once lived near a Minneapolis Warehouse District comedy venue.
   After the date I did go home briefly and then headed out again, going to the comedy club. I got some shout-outs which feels good as usual. I know some of this stems from sitting in the front row. I got another comedian friend in the 'Ring of honor' tonight, getting the picture before the show. I bought his CD this summer, he does jokes like the one about the bathtub and 'party foul' along with 'happy divorce day'. He's also done ones about working in a book shop. He was thrilled to be a part of my 'ring of honor', and I think most of these comics are. It's my circle of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment