Monday, May 5, 2014

Barbie Girl, Aqua

    At the comedy club tonight, the bathtub comic was show closer and was brought on with a song. I thought I heard enough of the lyrics correctly, but I had not. Online searching yielded nothing when I searched for 'I'm a funky girl, in a funky world'. I think I stumbled upon how it was 'Barbie Girl' by Aqua when I changed the key words to funny girl, funny world instead of funky. Then I found the video on Youtube, over 120 million views. It was catchy on some level, I understand it was likely making fun of Barbie and Ken dolls as the video when coupled with the song seemed really cartoonish. While he was doing his set, at first he had to compete with this song. He did do some jokes I was familiar with, like having a pet put down and somebody getting mauled by coyotes.
   There were plenty of notable jokes tonight as usual. The Kentucky native did one about discovering music, having grown up in a strict home. The opera singer did one about cooking with flax seed. The Yemen native did one about how his favorite movie is Batman, but didn't say which one. The Netflix comic did one about one man's trash is another man's treasure, and brought back the Netflix joke. The resistable comic did one about shopping for wigs on E-bay. The bus fare comic did ones about payday, and bathrobes. The sub teacher did one about his dad wandering in the woods. The Maryland native did one about having a degree in marketing, how it helps him in selling himself on dates. The Perkins employee did one about living with his mom. The Tetris comic did one about going to comic-con. The university accountant did one about Marie Osmond lotion.
   I think there are two comics I am now writing about for the first time. I have their CDs. Point of Entry did one about being red-faced at a Target, and saying 'Can't you not tell?' to another patron. The fever comic did one about deer as suicide bombers.

No comments:

Post a Comment