Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Night Comedy Show Anniversary

     I went to the Monday Night Comedy Show anniversary tonight. I put on my costume after arriving, the slasher from the 'Scream' movies. Notable was hearing the song 'Manic Monday' by the Bangles when I was getting a beer. Another comic, who likes the bands Black Flag and Slayer, said the song was written by Prince.
   Some awards were handed out tonight. Recipients included the Mr. Pibb comic as well as the roller grill comic. The latter had a paper grocery store bag on his head, so I said he was the 'Unknown comic'. The bus fare comic did his Goldilocks and the 3 bears joke, along with one about picking up somebody at the airport. The preschool teacher did a joke about being raped by a catheter. The resistable comic did one about how her hair was too red for Target. The show closer was from the band known as the Dirty Curls, and she did one about her mom being British.
    I did get plenty of pictures in costume, one of them was with a comic who said he liked reading my blog. He does the Happy Meal joke I like, and in crowd rap he tells people to uncross their arms. When I had one photo done before he showed up I said I was afraid to cross my arms. There were door prizes, I ended up with a Rocking Rollers Moose Skier and it appears to be taller than my Christmas tree. So I am not sure yet what to do with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment