Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shrek Play, Children's Theater

     I went to see the Shrek play at the Children's Theater in Minneapolis tonight. I still have fond memories of seeing the original movie in 2001. My former boss and mentor gave me tickets for an advance screening of it. I ended up buying many of the action figures.
   I noticed the play did follow the storyline of the original movie very closely. The actors playing Shrek and Donkey were well chosen. Their voices did sound like Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy. Not so much with who was playing the lord, or the princess. I was in the upper balcony, but still a good view. I think I had been to this venue just once before, for a play about Jackie Robinson last year.
   Notable was how I parked about 10 blocks away. It meant walking across the Franklin Bridge over 35W. It was good exercise though, and I made it just minutes before the play began. It was enough time to pick up my ticket and go to my seat. I bought nothing at intermission. On the way back to my car I did stop at a Wendy's along the way and got a sandwich along with some lemonade. I finished the sandwich and I left, and brought the drink with me. I got some more pictures along the way. One of them was graffiti, it said 'Impeachy loves you'. I thought it was going to say 'Impeach some politician'. I also got one of a sign at Electric Fetus, a music shop I had heard of but hadn't been to yet. But I didn't want to be taking pictures for long, it was getting dark and it was an unfamiliar neighborhood. I walked with a purpose the rest of the way. There may be some advantages to looking 'Undesirable' or dare I say 'Creepy'- as it may mean people are more likely to leave me alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment