Sunday, May 4, 2014

Behind The Eye, Park Square

     This afternoon I went to a play at Park Square Theater in St. Paul, it was 'Behind The Eye'. It was about World War 2 photographer Lee Miller. There was a decent amount of swearing in it, especially related to having sex. But this didn't bother me much as I prefer to hear raw emotion and passion,
as there seems to be plenty of honesty when this exists. The program said her life was anticlimactic after the war ended, and this was evident with what is depicted in the play. It lasted for just over 90 minutes, no intermission. Her camera seemed to be much like Vivian Maier's, a Rolleiflex. I spoke with patrons seated on either side of me before the play began. I ended up giving my business card to both, as both seemed to be interested in how I do comedy. The woman on my right was pleased that I keep my comedy clean, saying she gets tired of hearing comedians talk about their private parts. I brought my camera and got one picture while there, of the poster in the window seen from the alley. After this I decided to wander around downtown some more and get more photos. I got some at a light rail stop, which is not yet operational. And I walked down to Union Depot and got a nice one of the mural at Station 4, a music venue, across the street. Two Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans are depicted in the mural, on top of a skull. I got another one of a mural on a nearby building, one sign below it said 'Warehouse studio'. It depicts various separate images, one of them is of the planet Saturn and its rings. I passed by a liquor store on the way to the play, and stopped there after it as a mural was being painted there. I liked getting one of it in progress. In the evening after watching the Lego episode of The Simpsons I went out for a walk around my neighborhood. Even though I brought my camera with me, I took no pictures during the walk. I did pick up plenty of trash, mostly food and drink containers, especially beer cans and bottles. I claimed a plastic grocery store bag at the start of the walk and this helped out a lot, since I was willing to pick up more when I had a bag with me. One notable thing I picked up was a Minnesota Twins 'Diversity Day' poster. It was tattered, and I threw it out as well, but after I got a picture of it. This was after I got home. The bag of trash was finally tossed into a barrel at a bus stop. I gleaned 9 pull tabs from beer cans that go into a box at work, where I am collecting them for Ronald McDonald house. I also found a nickel in a parking lot, which was thrown into my change bank. And there was a little kid's hoodie.
   The day started with going over to McDonald's to get a breakfast sandwich, an Egg McMuffin. While there I saw a conversation get loud between an employee and possibly her boyfriend. When I left I saw a late-model Audi in the parking lot, rap music playing, motor running, may have been his car. After this I did chores, dishes and recycle. Then I searched things online, inspired by the call with my dad last night. He made mention of Gould and Fisk, in reference to bank robbers like Jesse James, saying Jesse was no worse than these two. I found out Gould and Fisk were railroad robber barons. They were involved with Tammany Hall, the political machine. Their main claim to fame, according to the Wikipedia article, was Black Friday in August 1869, when the two tried to corner the gold market.  

No comments:

Post a Comment