Thursday, May 29, 2014

Boarded Up Windows

    On my bus route I have noticed this week how there are now boarded up windows at the hardware store near the Xcel Center. So their liquidation sale must be complete now. I went there once, got a hammer and some duct tape. It is sad to see boarded up windows and empty buildings anywhere. I have accepted it as what I call 'Economic Darwinism'. I noticed this term can already be found in the Urban Dictionary.
  At work I completed an online class. I usually don't take these seriously as the classes have little or nothing to do with my actual job duties. It is about banking regulations. So I quickly went through the screens and failed the assessment on the first try, passed on the second. I also got a self-evaluation sent to my boss, it was accepted despite being a day late. I was getting caught up on emails and noticed this had no action taken on it yet. The volume was low enough on the payoff report, new titles, and letters that I did get caught up by the end of the day. It still was a full day for me.
   I watched two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was when a colleague died and a tenured position opened up, and it got competitive. The prime time episode was one I don't think I had seen in full yet, I had just seen part one but not part two. It was when Sheldon discovered something by mistake, then later retracted it when it was disproven by Leonard. Barry was in both of these. He is more annoying than Sheldon, which says a lot.
   I walked around the neighborhood after it was done, and picked up some trash, along with five pull tabs from pop cans. I made it a shorter walk than typical as I wanted to be back in time to see 'Last Comic Standing' on NBC as some of my comedian friends are on it. I think I fell asleep in the middle of it and missed some, unsure how much. I recognized one of the comics who advanced, she is from Chicago and has performed in the Twin Cities before.

No comments:

Post a Comment