Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wrong Holiday, Charlie Brown

     I watched the Simpsons in the evening, and it was the season finale. It dealt with getting a 4th of July fireworks show off the ground. When it happened there was a character who didn't speak- with the same costume that Charlie Brown had in the Halloween special, the ghost sheet with plenty of holes in it. Nelson said 'Wrong holiday, Charlie Brown'. I like seeing this comic strip being referenced, as it means it is staying relevant.
   I stayed in for a while today, as I went online and got some more World's Fair postcards ordered. Also ordered a ticket for a play which is in less than a week. Eventually I knew I needed to get going on my errand running. It meant going to Maplewood to do laundry and get a winter coat dropped off for dry cleaning and maintenance. After this I went to Target and got two poster frames. I got a Simpsons poster framed that I brought back from a visit to St. Louis. It has classic quotes from various characters. The other was a caricature of me from a company outing at Valleyfair, the artist signature on it says 2008. It sounds about right, as I think they haven't had such an outing since then. In 2009 they did the 'Biggest loser' weight loss program. Finally it was to Barnes and Noble to order a book about Chicago World's Fair postcards. I had seen it on E-bay but with the problems of some orders getting stolen apparently I still prefer picking up the book at the store. I liked seeing how they had some Simpson Legos, quite a few actually. The Walgreen I go to was already sold out. So I got one, it was Nelson. After watching the Simpsons eventually it meant getting to Walgreen to get more pictures added to a CD so they could be uploaded to Facebook. There were 18 on the disc, I wanted to upload 9 but the system didn't cooperate. I got just 2 uploaded, one of them was another comedian friend added to the 'Ring of honor', the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment