Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lady Gaga, Artpop Ball

     I went to the Lady Gaga concert at the Xcel Center in St. Paul tonight. It was my 2nd Gaga show, the first was 2010. Thankful I made it. I got a good workout dancing to many of the songs. It was no surprise how many of those played were from the latest album, 'Artpop', as concerts are usually about promoting the new music. I did my best to keep track of the songs played, scribbling something down whenever I could. I wrote down 22 songs, just one of them was in the encores, 'Gypsy life'. 'We belong together' was the first, it appears to be the title song from 'Artpop'. 'Applause' was number 20, near the end of the main set. I am not too familiar with many of the songs from 'Artpop' yet, though I now have the CD and have listened to it in its entirety a few times. So of course I really liked hearing many of the earlier ones like 'Just dance', it was when I first decided to get up and dance. 'Alejandro' and 'Bad romance' would be the others. There is some charm to 'Donatella' and 'Mary Jane Holland' as well, these two of course are from 'Artpop'.
   I liked getting a photo before the show, much like at the earlier show. It was a set of four, like at a photo booth. I was wearing a hat with a brim and put up a handlebar mustache. It was made available by the 'Born this way' foundation. I bought no souvenirs this time, but the photos are good to have.
    I also liked being able to go home for a little over an hour after work to go through postal mail and email before going back downtown for the concert. It is very much a part of my routine on weekdays. An E-bay order arrived, some World's Fair postcards, a lot of 7. Now I am up to 112 for the Chicago world's fair of 1933 and 1934.

No comments:

Post a Comment