Friday, May 16, 2014

Pinstripes In Edina

     I had another day off from work, today it was for attending a mentoring event. It was the year-end event, at Pinstripes in Edina. My student was a no-show again, but I was paired with another one whose mentor didn't make it. We did a project where we designed a paper airplane. Ours didn't go very far but it won an award for style. I liked bowling a game there. At first I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the game, due to time allotment. Especially when there were 6 players on the lane. But three were taken off, and I was able to finish my game but it was lackluster, under 100 after starting off with a strike and a spare. A blister on the middle finger of my throwing hand was a hindrance. I saw somebody there who said she always wins due to being a Packers fan. But I know full well that the Packers don't win every game, no team does. This is a reminder of why I added sports to the list of taboo and divisive subjects, along with religion and politics.
   I did go to the comedy club tonight, unfortunately it is hard to read all of my notes. This is why I am writing in all caps more often as it is easier to read. I will do my best to capture the spirit of the show. The boss man did confirm how he had read every entry of the blog back to February. He said I was 'Dedicated' to it if I'm not mistaken. Well I do enjoy writing. He wondered if he had been written about, and I said he had been. This is one exception, usually I just write about the comics. I haven't seen him do comedy yet. The IED/IUD comic did one about her family moving from Russia to South Dakota, along with one about the Liam Neeson kidnapping movie. The poster artist did one asking why shirts are called 'T-shirts'. I would have to call the next one the laundry comic since I once saw him while doing laundry. He did jokes about two songs I was familiar with, that I think he was annoyed by, 'Zombie' by the Cranberries as well as 'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette. Then there is one I would call the Pap Smear comic since she did a joke about getting one. She has red hair, but that is not unique enough as a nickname. The Mason City native did one about the song where the city is run by pigs. Others were about a trap door in Wisconsin Dells, and liking things on Facebook. Then there was what I would call the Fantasia comic as he asks why Disney has Mickey Mouse as their mascot when he has done just one good movie, Fantasia. The bartender did one about robots. He is a bartender at more than one club. The International Falls native did one about Syria and Egypt, but I am trying to recall the premise. The Happy Meal comic did one about uncrossing arms and his mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment