Friday, May 9, 2014

Coconut Candles

    It probably wasn't your typical night at the comedy club, as some talked about this blog since one comic mentioned it on Facebook. But I like how my writings are getting attention. I am told the boss man at this club read plenty of entries, dating back months. I know he asked on Facebook who certain comics were, since I use nicknames. I liked seeing the skits director, back from California.
     My 'Bestie' was one of the performers tonight, doing a joke about taking things for granted which led to something about coconut candles. He did some new jokes, including Mike Tyson and dreams. I really liked the one about bringing lunch for his lady. The Rut-roh comic did one about the Bruce Springsteen song 'Glory Days', saying people are pathetic if they think high school is the best years of their life. And there was one about a small bank withdrawal. The 'Extra murder' comic did one about how his wife likes George Clooney, spurred by Clooney recently getting engaged. And he brought back the 'Extra murder' joke since he moved recently. He also did one about his car's check engine light. The ex-TSA agent did ones about his car and swearing in winter, along with slapping people who stutter. The movie reviewer gave fake movie reviews, I shouted out two of my favorites, 'Rain Man' and 'Good Will Hunting'. The hipster detective did one about looking like Shawn White, the Olympic athlete. The International Falls native did one about bears working at K-Mart. The show closer was the Mr. Pibb comic, who did do the Mr. Pibb joke. He also did ones about fidgeting as a kid, and online banking wanting certain passwords. There was also a one-legged comic.
   Even though a colleague was out of the office today, it was no problem seeing the work was covered due to the lower volume at the end of the week. For once this week I left on time. After eating at Taco Bell in the evening, I did watch some of the two reruns of 'Monk' shown on channel 29 tonight. It looks like after showing what must have been the final episode last week that they started over with the early ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment