Saturday, May 10, 2014

Iowa Cubs Game Vs. Nashville

    This is what I call baseball and museum season. I was hopeful to get to both today, but I headed to Des Moines, Iowa, and made it around 3pm. Museums I wanted to see like Camp Dodge or the Bob Feller museum closed for the day an hour later, 4pm. I did get over to the Anderson Erickson dairy and got a picture of the famous cow and calf. On a visit later this year I can hopefully see one of those two museums. I liked how the drive didn't take long once I got started. it helped that I made just one stop along the way, at a Casey's in Clear Lake, IA. I got some pizza there, along with a pack of baseball cards. It is a nice place to stop since it is close to the midway point of the drive, and close to I-35 as well- easy in, easy out.
   I went to a minor league baseball game, an annual visit to an Iowa Cubs game. They lost to Nashville 10-1. They were shut out for a while. I recall the Nashville Sounds were also the opponent when I saw the Famous Chicken (or San Diego Chicken) perform back in 1987. But I think they had a different parent club then, a Cincinnati Reds team and currently a Milwaukee Brewers team. I still have the photo and cup that The Chicken signed. Notable was how it was hard to get to sleep after the game at the Motel 6 room I shared with my dad, since somebody's car alarm kept going off.
    Before I left town I got some errand running done this morning, and had to push myself to make the bus, not knowing when the next one would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment