Friday, May 2, 2014

Oh Captain, My Captain

     I got more responses to my Facebook posting about Twitter. One of them said Oh Captain, My Captain. I guessed it as Monty Python or Shakespeare, but it was a Walt Whitman poem about Lincoln's death, and it was in 'Dead Poets Society'. I haven't seen the movie in a while.
   There were plenty of stories from being at the comedy club. The bus fare comic asked if he was likeable. Actually this was not part of the show, but before it. I wondered who had said to him that he was unlikeable. The Tetris comic did one about breakup songs when you chose to end it. I wonder if he has heard of the one called 'Breaking up is hard to do'. The rut-roh comic did one about Dennis Rodman in North Korea. The roller grill comic did one about having a nametag and uniform job. The IED/IUD comic did this joke along with ones about a Liam Neeson kidnapping movie, as well as a party where each person represented a nation. The Mr. Pibb comic was show closer. I was onstage as well, doing ones about a Linus blanket, Walmart orders, and onions on pizza. The first one was inspired by date I was on recently, and the other two inspired by my office interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment