Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Boogie Man

    At the comedy club tonight, the show closer was the Kentucky native. He did jokes about Justin Bieber, Little House on The Prairie, picnics, as well as his dad's warning about the boogie man. he took off his zip-up hoodie during his set.
   Mr. Pibb did one about gunshots from rappers. Auto correct did one about Skyping with a life coach. Rut-roh did one about playing chess with Bob Seger, and the one about Rodman in North Korea. Capital city, who I hadn't seen in a while, did her janitor joke. Bus fare did ones about 'Poop in this bar' and his payday joke. Conga line did ones about dogs, a clown car for them as well as one going into the woods. Two comics ran the light.
    No surprise when I researched Chicago World's Fair postcard listings on E-bay that I got plenty more ideas. But of course I am not going to get them all at once. It is easier to get the 'Lone listing' ones first, when I know I have more chances with the others. Trying different key words like 'vintage' and 'set' can also make a difference on the finds. I already know this with entering 'lot', when I want to narrow the search. But I have so many postcards now that it is harder to find those where I don't have at least one of them. Though this is not really a big deal, when I need to narrow it down. Price is another way. A recent listing may have had 45 postcards in it, but just 3 were of the World's Fair. So I questioned the wisdom of getting it.   
   We did do Wii dancing late in the day. One of the songs was 'What are you waiting for', by Gwen Stefani. Another we did was 'Night boat to Cairo', since the event coordinator liked doing it before. There were no spectators this time, though an IT guy saw me on the way to our game room and said she is waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment