Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Delta Wings, Batman Watch

    When I rode the bus home tonight, I saw somebody with wings from Delta Airlines and he was wearing a Batman watch. He was wearing a black sweater vest, and there was a bright red hankie in the pocket. Also had plenty of 'Griz', but wouldn't call it a beard, and sunglasses, probably what are known as aviators. I stayed late to try to get caught up on work before being out of the office for two days, so I took a much later bus than typical. It was a busy day at work. I took my lunch early so I could attend the St. Paul Saints season opening block party nearby. I got a Softee baseball much like before, and some pictures. The first was of the Little Caesars pizza mascot with the Saints mascot, Mudonna the pig. I have one of the team being introduced, and the ball pig. I liked seeing Saints boss Mike Veeck milling around in the crowd, this event in a previous year was where I got the Facebook photo with him. I did have some Little Caesars pizza there, and my employer furnished lunch as well, Subway sandwiches. It was their Health Ahead fair day. So it was the typical 'Complete your passport' like a punch card, including having a finger pricked by a nurse for health screenings. Late in the afternoon I went to a meeting in the main conference room where we heard somebody speak about compliance. I said to myself she isn't a good public speaker, seemed to hesitate or stammer too much.
   At the comedy club tonight, I find out there is high interest from many comics about this blog. Some haven't been written about yet. The International Falls native was MC. Since I was scheduled to perform I was getting ready with my material, so I don't recall as much of her set as I wanted to. But I recall hearing the animal violence joke. The speech therapist did one about running, and how she's not pregnant. The Kentucky native did some crowd rap about strict religious upbringings. One comic did a joke about her hair, and locks of love. I was fifth in the lineup, and did some about the Saints block party as well as seeing my dad over the weekend. The internet dating jokes also worked well. The Mason City native did one about dealing with a bathroom attendant at a Chicago venue. The bathtub comic did one about wearing sunscreen at night, along with one about a horse from a carriage ride. The exercise guru did some about his weight loss. The godmother did one about her bucket list, and the one about having candy bars and ranch in the checkout line. Others were Youtube life coach, latex gloves, and being at the Boston comedy festival. The conga line did one about being Lebanese as her leadoff, as well as being a seeing eye person. The Tetris comic did one about having a rental car since his car is in the shop. Another was about the movie 'Eyes wide shut'.
    One comic asked for a particular nickname, but his common outfit of sweater vest isn't unique enough. He is more likely to be known as 'Software developer' since it's his occupation as I recall. He described himself as a horrible person. He did a joke about errand running for cigarettes. And he did what is likely his best joke, about adopting from China. One comic shook my hand just before taking the stage, he moved from Arizona if I'm not mistaken. He did some jokes about having a lisp. The Louisiana native was show closer. He did one about e-cigarettes, as well as dog discipline. The dog theme continued, with one about being the 'Magic bathroom man'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment