Saturday, May 3, 2014

Laughing Matters, AM 950

    I listened to myself on Laughing Matters on AM radio 950 tonight. I thought I sounded fine but I hesitated at times. I think it is because it was out of my comfort zone to do such a show, and I am used to prepared statements kind of like the comedy I do. Before this aired in the evening I did some errand running like getting a ticket for a play this weekend. Since it was in downtown St. Paul, close to Candy-land, I went to Candy-land and got a little box of popcorn. I liked getting more points on my loyalty card, first time using it at this place. I had previously just used it at the Nectary, a downtown sandwich shop in the skyway.
   Then it was on to the Minneapolis Warehouse District where I found the Vivian Maier exhibit. The gallery was inside a warehouse just blocks from a comedy club I frequent. I also bought a thick book containing many of her photos. I watched some of the BBC documentary about her while there. This was different from the one I saw at the Edina Theater a few weeks ago. After this it was the library to print things, and to Kohl's to get some replacement jeans and pants. The gift cards took care of most of the total. I called my dad back in the evening after the errand running was done. We spoke for a while as usual about various subjects, like how he thinks he sounds like Bo Hopkins, an actor, when he hears his recorded voice. It was in reference to hearing about the radio show I was on. Another subject was about bank robbers like Jesse James, comparing him to robber barons like Gould and Fisk. So I have more things to look up soon as I am not entirely familiar with Gould and Fisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment