Thursday, May 15, 2014

Grocery Cart And Leaves

      I did a long walk around the neighborhood in the evening after watching 'Big Bang Theory'. I noticed a grocery cart from before was still there. So I did something about it. I went down a little hill and pulled it back up to the sidewalk. When I made it back to this spot in my walk I wheeled it back to the store and said 'Good luck' as I released it into the cart corral. I got a picture of the cart, which had some leaves in it as it was near a tree. I also got one of an animal carcass near the curb, but hard to tell what animal it was since it was disfigured by then. I gleaned 5 pull-tabs from beer or energy drink cans, I found mostly typical trash like food and drink containers.
   I watched two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was where Sheldon and Howard feuded over a parking space. The prime time episode had the feeling of a season finale, with Sheldon deciding to ride the rails and Leonard saying he went on sabbatical when Amy inquired about it. Stuart decided to be the caretaker of Howard's mom, after he needed a home. There was a joke about a fire being set just to collect the insurance money. More people were told about Leonard and Penny getting engaged. Sheldon didn't want to accept change, and this event coupled with the university not supporting his idea of changing his research he decides to leave. He is seen at the train station waiting to board a train and 'Live off the land'. Raj spoke of seeing Emily again, but of course this wasn't the big news he hoped it would be- compared to his friends it wasn't.
    I had the day off from work, but as usual it was no problem staying occupied. I got caught up on a few things like an online survey as well as completing a comedy contest application. But after a while I knew I needed to get on the road, and take the light rail to the Twins game. The Twins were playing the Boston Red Sox, a matinee. The Twins won 4-3 in 10 innings, after leading 3-0 early, aided by a 2-run home run. I like seeing one Red Sox game a year, a way of keeping the memory alive of my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting', which changed my life. Though I didn't think about the movie much today. It was mainly leading up to attending the game when I spoke of these plans to work colleagues or to comedian friends.
    Notable was the weather, chilly to say the least. I brought a Simpsons blanket with me but after just 3 innings I left my seat in the upper deck, first base side. I moved around every half-inning as I knew walking would mean I was warmer than in my seat. I was mostly standing next to 'The shelf' just beyond the seating area where fans could place their food and eat while standing up and still get a good view of the game.
   I had no heartburn at all about going to the bathroom to blow my nose, then to answer nature's call, as it was much warmer there. I even ended up in '2 Gingers pub', all were welcome, but it was hard to see the game there aside from the TV monitors. But I liked getting a photo of the stadium organist there, some others did the same. It did remind me some of baseball games I had seen in Chicago before, where it was chilly even in May. Or what I once read about San Francisco Giants games at Candlestick Park, where patches were given out. 'Veni, Vidi, Vixi'. Which meant 'I came I saw I survived'.

No comments:

Post a Comment