Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bob Newhart As Obi-Wan

    I watched 2 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. The syndicated rerun was the one where Howard gets married and goes into space. I had seen it before but I liked seeing it again, a reminder of some weddings I have attended. The prime time episode had Bob Newhart as guest star, appearing to Sheldon in a dream as Obi-Wan. It was a 'Star Wars Day' episode since May 4th is in a few days. I liked seeing a new spin on the 'Star Wars' story. Seeing him have fun with a light saber was hilarious. I have called a former boss and mentor 'Obi-Wan' since she taught me well and had patience with me when others didn't. This was Newhart's 3rd appearance on this show, and each one has been a treat. I even said so on his Facebook page. 
    At work a colleague said she would be a Twitter follower of mine if I ever end up on Twitter. This colleague knows I do comedy. I posed the question on Facebook- do I really have enough to say in a short format that people will be interested? I already got some responses to it. I said I was afraid of being prone to faux-pas, like Hugh Grant in '4 Weddings and a Funeral'. Also at work, when I was out running some quick errands at midday I saw somebody with a parrot on their shoulder. We were inside at the time. This is something one doesn't see everyday, and I felt bad that I didn't have my camera with me.
     This day of the week is well-known for when I try to get caught up on paperwork, and I did so after watching both episodes of 'Big Bang Theory'. Much of it still is event planning, seeing that the logistics work on getting to all of the events I am interested in. We are getting into what I call 'Baseball and Museum' season so it is more challenging but doable. I went to my neighborhood grocery store and got a snack- cashews- along with a special edition of People Magazine about the Beatles arriving in America. I liked seeing at checkout how the St. Paul Saints pocket schedules are finally available! So I picked up two. One for me and I am sending the other to my dad along with a Twins schedule. It replaces the one I had on my wall which was the printed pages from the website. One page was the actual calendar schedule and the other was their list of promotions and nightly themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment