Thursday, November 20, 2014

Denis Leary Comedy CD

    I had the day off from work, and listened to some CDs as I was a little behind. One of them was by Denis Leary, 'No cure for cancer'. After hearing it I recalled it being played by a friend when I was in college. Because of the part about going back to Vietnam but this time not filming a movie. Others were memorable because they were on MTV, like the parts about drugs. Or the one about the REM song 'Shiny happy people'. High energy, would have to grouped with Sam Kinison, also since both would be considered politically incorrect. It is nice to hear different comedy styles. This was bought last month at Cheapo in St. Paul. Not many comedy CDs there, but there may be a few others I will consider getting on my next visit. I recalled one by George Carlin being there, I know he was no doubt influential. And I listened to some music CDs, two from Everclear, 'So much for the afterglow', and 'Songs from an American movie volume one'.
   Much like two days ago, I didn't leave my home much. I went out at midday to eat a Subway sandwich. Then I went over to the Family Dollar and looked at the music and movies, but nothing interested me. It just reminded me of the ones I recently bought and haven't watched or listened to yet. I heard one patron who was getting kind of loud, swearing and spoke of how she hadn't been drunk since the Zombie Pub Crawl. This is in October if I am not mistaken. She left right after mention of the Pub Crawl, and apparently this was to the delight of the store employees. In some ways it reminds me of getting an oil change at a Jiffy Lube, where one employee said the guy lives in the neighborhood. Sadly, every place seems to have 'The town drunk'.
   Since it is still cold and snowy outside, I was fine with staying in for all of this evening. It meant preparing the Tuna Helper I bought at the Rainbow Foods liquidation sale. I think it was the last of the food items from there, still have some non-food items like trash bags and toilet paper. I hadn't eaten Tuna Helper in a while, I know I did this more before I started doing stand-up comedy 6 years ago. I like how it doesn't take all that long to prepare, and it is two servings so I can have more tomorrow.
   I saw two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was where Sheldon couldn't decide what kind of electronics to buy, so he and Amy Farrah Fowler were in the store at closing time. The prime time episode was about Sheldon deciding to end the Fun With Flags show, then it looks like he will continue it since somebody commented online. LeVar Burton was guest star, not the first time he had been on the show.
  I got an email about the ticket orders I placed for the Pan-Am Games in Toronto next summer, looks like I am getting all three events. This would be two baseball sessions and one boxing session. It directed me to go to my Ticketmaster account.    

No comments:

Post a Comment