Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Send Cheer, Holiday Stamps

    I got a mailer from the postal service, addressed to 'Postal customer', today. It said 'Don't forget your holiday stamps', which can be found at your nearest post office or at the Send Cheer website. One of them is of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I think I would want some of these. I had previously worked for Montgomery Ward and they took pride in how Rudolph was created there.
   I got two shout outs at the comedy club tonight. One of them spoke of the balcony critics from the Muppet show, who as a kid I called Siskel and Ebert. I later found out they were Statler and Waldorf.
This was from the MC, who was Laundry. I think it was in response to a Siri phone app joke where I said I had seen Big Bang Theory, as there is an episode of 'Bang' where Raj thinks he is dating his phone. He also did ones about dog whistles and roundabouts. A comic I saw act in a Bryant Lake Bowl show did one about pointing out the empty chairs in the front row. Locks of Love did ones about Let it Snow towels, Monica Lewinsky, Dad returning a greeting card, and an 8-day marriage. Bus fare did ones about don't poop in this bar, sandwich philosophy like Forrest Gump, and music during sex. Ding Dong did ones about a girl in China at a KFC, a cheeseball tub, and her feet hurt. Magic Man did ones about 'that was not us', rainbows and puppies, stealing a sign, and the other shout-out in reference to a show called 'Dexter'. The Godmother did ones about a bucket list, Byerly's Grocery Store, Up and Up brand at Target, carnies and funnel cake, Thanksgiving at restaurants, cats in a stroller, a dog food store, and meet real men. Software developer did ones about look for the bear, and his daughter having nightmares. Long Straw did ones about Karaoke, Baja Men, the band that did the song 'who let the dogs out?', and a Cubs urn. Lunch lady did ones about living near the airport, being married to a cat guy, and state fair food.

No comments:

Post a Comment