Friday, November 7, 2014

I'll Be Me Movie, Glen Campbell

    This evening I went to see 'I'll be me', a documentary about musician Glen Campbell on his farewell tour as he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Just 2 Twin City theaters were showing it, and I went to Edina to see it, as the other was in the Brooklyns and I don't get up to the north suburbs much. I liked the music part being covered, more so than the non-music part. But I understood the story is being told because of the non-music part. Many musicians were interviewed, it read like a 'Who's who' of country music. Some non-country musicians also were interviewees. Even actor-comedian Steve Martin was part of the fray. After the movie I walked around the mall so I wouldn't be too early for the comedy show, and I hadn't been to this mall in a while, Southdale. I was pleased to find a Ticketmaster outlet, and had just read about some touring Broadway shows coming to the area soon. So I got a ticket for the Motown play for next month. Had to be careful on what day I chose, but I avoided the day of the Bears-Vikings football game even though I don't have a ticket for the game just yet. I had the day off from work so I could attend a Roosevelt mentoring event at the U. of Minnesota. My student didn't say much to me, was more interested in being on his phone, talking to friends, or to other mentors. I let the event coordinator know about this.
    At the comedy club tonight, the nurse's aide did one about a future as a cougar. She can't tell the truth about the weekend to her colleagues, and another was about visible tattoos. The doctor didn't have a good bedside manner when doing a chest exam, it was like a cat wanting attention. Others were about running to the liquor store, and being like an hourglass, related to a pitcher of beer. Fantasia did ones about girls like jerks, and Mickey Mouse smiling politely. Tortoise and hare did one about who grew up in a roundabout?, and because I am an American. Others were about you were there- a Wizard of Oz reference, followed by shopping at the same Gap. Pottery Barn did one about nursing beer, and nipples. Another was about how we're different people, that's how it works. Ragu did one about Comcast customer service. Others were about taking notes on the therapist, and bringing the hip-hop. Extra murder did one about election commercials. Others were about taking a ferry from Michigan, and a Music Man reference. International Falls did one about cat costumes for Halloween. Another was about being street harassed. Happy Meal did one about being fired for posting a photo, but he tagged Olive Garden about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment