Saturday, November 15, 2014

Soap Factory Anniversary

   I attended the Soap Factory 25th anniversary event tonight. Volunteers were needed, and I like getting in free to events. At first I was asked to pick up empty drink glasses and send them to the dishwasher. Eventually it meant sweeping up and collapsing folding tables as well as moving folding chairs into a corner out of the way. I picked up three coins while sweeping, a total of 12 cents. We filled three laundry bags full of the linens from the tables. There were silent auction items, but they were out of my price range or I don't have the space to display them in my home. I recognized an event coordinator from doing the haunted house two weeks ago. I said I felt bad seeing her sweep in her outfit, but I found out she was on duty as well. She had a tight-fitting dress on with sheer parts for the arms and shoulders. At first I didn't recognize what was depicted on the back of the dress, but had to look at it from a distance. It was no problem recognizing the gear from a machine, this was the 'Bottom circle'. I couldn't understand what the 'Top circle' was, then realized it all was meant to depict a skull. It was a black outfit and the circles were white. There was some food left at the end of the night, but it was snack foods. I had a little lemon bar and peanut butter bars. I am thankful I ate a burrito before departing for the event. I arrived just after 9pm and I had about an hour before I was actually on duty. So I did plenty of picture taking after placing my coat in a back office. There was live music, and I did dance a little.
    It was a busy day even before the evening. I went to a sports bar and saw the Iowa football game, they beat Illinois 30-14.  After some time at the library I tried to go see a movie but the slow traffic due to weather didn't help, coupled with a closed road. I ended up at a Cheapo Records shop, and got 3 CD's, two of them were by Lucinda Williams. I am seeing her show at First Avenue in two weeks. The other was Eminem's 'Recovery' CD, it has collaborations with Pink, and Rihanna.  

No comments:

Post a Comment