Monday, November 10, 2014

Gettysburg Museum Catalog

    I get junk mail all the time, but I still look at it before shredding it. Tonight I got a catalog from the Gettysburg museum. I saved one page from it. I am interested in Civil War currency, there are paper as well as parchment sets available. Next to it is a Pickett's Charge puzzle in drum packaging. At the bottom is Mort Kunstler puzzles, including 'Oh, I wish he was ours'. It depicts a man riding a horse, and there is a Confederate flag in the background. At the top is a historic calligraphy set, and then collectible coins like the Iron Brigade. I haven't been to Gettysburg yet, I thought about making it a side trip from Philadelphia but it would have been hard to do logistically.
   I didn't go to the comedy club tonight due to the ice and snow. In the evening I checked my car, took out my shovel and cleared some space around it. I also brushed off the windshield and windows, thinking this may make it easier if I get to the ice kind of early. I tried to get caught up on paperwork, and watched some sitcoms on CBS but I wasn't paying much attention to them. I liked the syndicated rerun of 'Big Bang Theory' as it was one where Bob Newhart was guest star. It was the second one, where he said 'Back off, bow tie' to Bill Nye the science guy.
   At work I saw somebody scorch some popcorn at midday. Eventually they just held the microwave popcorn bag up to the faucet and drowned it. I thought it was an extreme way of handling it. The political science guy said all beer tastes good after 5pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment