Thursday, November 27, 2014

Peroni Beer

   I had Thanksgiving dinner in the early afternoon at a Buca Di Beppo restaurant about a mile from my home, so I walked to the place. I drank Peroni beer with the meal, an Italian beer I haven't had too often. Some might be surprised to hear how I spent the holiday, but I don't mind being a lone wolf at all. I have been one for a while. And as I said to the bartender at the comedy club a day earlier, it just didn't seem like proper etiquette to try to invite myself anywhere so I saw nothing wrong with largely keeping my plans to myself. Another thing I said about it was that some might hear about it later and said I would have invited you, but it would be much easier to say this after the fact. The server was trying to upsell a few things to me, but all I ordered besides the traditional Thanksgiving meal was some garlic bread. There was 12 pieces, I ate 3 there. I liked knowing there was an individual meal available, as the next size after this was 'Serves three'. Near the end she said to me how it looks like I could have eaten even more, and I said I am almost full and haven't seen the pumpkin pie yet. I am thankful I made a reservation, as the place was hopping when I got there. I haven't eaten at this restaurant chain too often before, I can recall one time before and that is when I was in a relationship. I do tend to eat at sit-down restaurants more when dating, otherwise I like to keep it simple and go to a sandwich shop or fast food place.
   I had some chips while I was watching the lead-off football game, Bears-Lions. I left for the restaurant near the end of the first half, the Bears were leading but they were way behind when I got back. I fell asleep so I missed the ending of the game. At first I had a hard time finding the next game, Eagles-Cowboys, I think due to the tuning on my TV being a little suspect. So I watched two editions of the game show 'Jeopardy'. After this I found the second game. Before the first game began I watched some DVDs appropriate for the season, the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special and then the movie 'Planes Trains and Automobiles'. I like road movies a lot. I didn't watch much of the third game, Seahawks-49ers, as I wanted to do other things like watch two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory'. The syndicated rerun was when Raj worked for Sheldon. The primetime episode also appeared to be a rerun. It had a Thanksgiving theme, it was when Penny invited Zach over to get annulment papers signed. After this I took a walk around the neighborhood. I had a big meal at midday so I was fine with not eating much in the evening. I had some more of the garlic bread I brought home from the restaurant, and I drank some orange juice as well. Not much to pick up on this walk, since there is plenty of snow on the ground. One of the things I did pick up was a quarter, from the series one state quarters. It was the Florida edition. When I got back I listened to one of two Lucinda Williams CDs I bought recently at Cheapo to get primed for the concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis, it is in two days. It was 'Car wheels on a gravel road', the older of two CDs I have. 'Concrete and barbed wire' sounded familiar to me for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment