Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stolen Dance Song, Milky Chance

    Recently I heard a song on the radio that I think is catchy. It is 'Stolen Dance' by Milky Chance. 'We don't talk about it, do the boogie all night long' were the memorable lyrics. Sometimes I am in the mood for this kind of song, it is folksy.
   It was a busy day for errand running for a while. I did dishes in the morning, and in the afternoon I went to do laundry. I was asked if I worked there, because I was cleaning out the lint traps. No, I know the dryers work better when these are cleaned out. My third stop was to the library to print things. I made it there just minutes before closing, but it was enough time to accomplish what I set out to do.  Somebody spotted my Iowa Hawkeyes coat at closing time and we spoke for a while, though we were from different parts of the state and different generations so we did not know the same people. She spoke of the Davenport area a lot. I tried to keep up with all of the subjects being discussed, one of them was how she is divorced and her son had died of cancer. Eventually the employees turned out the lights on us and I said to her it was a sign they wanted us to leave. She also spoke of Little Falls, as a history major I said I had been there before as the Lindbergh home and Camp Ripley is there. And of course Ripley has a museum.  
   I had hoped to get to a movie in the evening, after 'The Simpsons', but it was not to be. It is an art movie at the Lagoon in Minneapolis, so there are limited show times available. I can move it back to Tuesday, I have this day off. I called my dad in the evening while watching a football game, Cowboys-Giants. I said we need to end the call as I was getting beeped for a low battery, we had been on the line for just over an hour by then.   

No comments:

Post a Comment