Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Muddlers, Not Baseball Bats

    When I arrived at the comedy club tonight, I had to ask what was at the bar. As a big baseball fan I said they looked like sawed-off baseball bats. I was informed they were muddlers, according to a quick check online this tool helps with making mixed drinks.
   I left my home just twice today, since I had the day off from work. The first time was to eat at Taco Bell at midday, and the other was of course the comedy club. I got plenty of little things done by staying in, like ordering a ticket for the Bears-Vikings football game next month. I got an email saying no fees for 48 hours on orders. I responded to some movie theater surveys, and got started on two more loyalty programs- for JC Penney and for a movie theater chain. Also notable was calling about a medical bill, for services rendered back in March. I still don't understand why their billing department is still fumbling around with it. I had a certificate stating it was free to me, then last night I get a bill for reading the scan. Even though I sent them the certificate by fax back in July, months ago. After being on hold for a while, I was told the wrong code was used to bill my employer. I got
the certificate at work from winning a drawing, and they would try again, disregard what I was sent.
   After the comedy show, I finally got 15 photos uploaded to Dropbox for the Soap Factory volunteer banquet this weekend. I was given the login information, a fairly painless process to go there. I just needed to wait for each one to load completely.  I am also pleased with seeing the sketches from The Turkeys comedy troupe, the big dog tagged me on one this afternoon. I said I liked how he made me look even more menacing.
   At the comedy club tonight, Grizzly Adams was MC. He did ones about football player Joe Montana, adult super-stores, the cost of a PBR, huffing spray paint, $5 and chap-stick, and getting a dollar of gas. Ex-Navy did ones about Turkey Day, biting nails, birthday mop, and hoarding toenail clippings. Resistable did ones about a hipster roommate, a drum set, air mattress, Applebee's and Nicki Minaj, and he was big like a waterbed. Long straw did ones about Baja-Men songs, and a Cubs urn. The rapper did ones about the Vikings stadium windows, and playing high school football. Big dog did ones about why the staring?, Christian Mingle, and a furniture store. He also helped me with a joke about a faithful watchdog. Pottery Barn did ones about the Bible without deodorant, doesn't need more confidence, nursing a beer, and we are different, it's how people work. Hillary look-alike did ones about Subway sandwiches, Harry Potter, hey buddy, not bulimic, Jimmy John's, and a Brazil wax. Red-faced comic did ones about 'mom calls them whack-jobs', they are affirmations, a hotel room comforter, and cheeseburgers. Bathtub did ones about a lava lamp and 42 hamsters, apartment in a doll factory, dog in clothes, and goggles, a cat would murder you. Turtle check did ones about Clint Eastwood watching Batman, hemorrhoid cream, drunk changing password, work him out tonight, changed shapes, Xanax and box wine, dating himself, shooting range, a car like an ex, and the swear word.

No comments:

Post a Comment