Sunday, November 2, 2014

Esprit De Liberte Mini Toasts

    I made a third visit to the Rainbow Foods liquidation sale in West St. Paul this morning. This may be my final visit for various reasons. There isn't much left, largely due the sale wrapping up soon, in a week or less. And just as important, I got yelled at for taking pictures there. It was while waiting to get checked out, as most of the store is empty so I am not seeing an employees while in the aisles. I stopped when requested, and decided to have a poker face and say nothing about how many I had taken before I was yelled at. I got 15 items this time, a slightly lower number than before, and two of them were non-food items. One of the items I bought I hadn't heard of before. It is called Esprit de Liberte mini toasts. It says it is great for appetizers and snacks. I like the art on it, which depicts a woman holding a French flag. It says it is a product of France, and distributed by Gourmet Foods International in Atlanta. I also liked getting a block of apple smoked mozzarella cheese, from Red Apple Cheese.
   I went to an art event in the afternoon in downtown St. Paul, and I liked hearing a kid playing a fiddle. I got to take home some of the food as there were plenty of leftovers. I got a brownie, fries, chicken, and some little chunks of cheese.
   In the evening I went to see a friend's comedy show. It was the Big Dog, who was MC, and Mr. Pibb was the feature. I said to the big dog how I liked all of the jokes, some I hadn't heard in a while. It may have helped to have a bigger crowd as some of the jokes should have taken off but didn't. He got a number 5 response out of me for the 'Slowpoke' joke. I had said in my translator, posted on Facebook, that this means it is a top-shelf joke. I hadn't seen the headliner before, but she did a joke about being a southern girl, and comparing Minnesota nice to some things people say in the South. I liked the Right Guard story, the peed pants in grocery store joke, and the thigh gap. I really liked swapping stories with the big dog, red faced comic, and Oklahoma after the show at the bar. This was where I showed the pictures on my camera of being in full costume and makeup when scaring people at the haunted house this weekend. I liked how I could hold my own, but I have said before how I can match wits with the best of them. After the show I called my college roommate, and asked about the declaration of the 'No-lurking zone'. It was relevant again after doing the acting. Dad had asked if my roommate had been in combat, found out there was hostile fire. It was an eye opener about the D.C. native apparently quitting Facebook, there were some postings about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment