Friday, November 21, 2014

Rain King, Counting Crows

    Tonight I heard 'Rain King' by Counting Crows when I was driving home from the comedy club. I have the CD it is on, 'August and everything after'. I like the lyrics about 'Been here before and I deserve a little more'. In a Youtube video it does show various images of rain. I do like rain songs for some reason, like 'Live Forever' by Oasis which mentions the morning rain. I think Avril Lavigne and Maroon 5 also have some rain songs. And then there is 'Here comes the rain again', by the Eurythmics. At midday I liked hearing 'Rearview Mirror' by Pearl Jam while eating a sandwich at Erbert Gerbert. Also at Erbert Gerbert, I proved by going to another location that there is a problem with their loyalty program. I liked going to the skyway location, staying inside. But the visits weren't registering when my card was run. So I went to another location nearby and this one was fine. So it is either faulty equipment or an incompetent employee at the other one.
   When I got off the bus this evening I probably annoyed a few people when I decided to pick up some loose change near the door. It was a dime and a penny. Eventually the driver asked if I had got it, and I had. On the way to the comedy club I had some trouble with a gas pump at Super-America. I would run my loyalty card and Visa card and then it would say 'See cashier' after entering my zip code. After I went inside about it I had somebody accompany me on the third attempt, and then it went through no problem so I said the machine had made a liar out of me.
   At the comedy club tonight, Mr. Pibb did ones about a fat nerd gets ripped, back tattoo. stating the facts, and quarterly budget meeting. Red-faced comic did ones about trying to quit drinking, 'I turned out fine, a cycle' and new vegetarians. Software developer did ones about 'it's me, not the bear', along with picnic basket and unicycle. Fantasia did ones about playing dead for 3 days, locked keys in car, and lock picking school. A young comic did one about a can opener. Worthington did ones about Taylor Swift's '1989', bar purgatory, human barbed wire tattoo, emotional torment from a raccoon, dead birds on video camera, and his dad's retirement hobbies- knives and alcohol. A comic I haven't seen in a while did one about journalism school, one of my Facebook pictures from the comedy marathon is of him. The bartender did ones about quitting drinking, and 'taco-cat'. Long straw did ones about Baja Men songs and an Amber Alert at Barnes and Noble. Perkins did ones about a text from his lady, Catcher in the Rye, Tuskegee experiments, meeting her cat, and his dad- scarecrow from Batman.   

No comments:

Post a Comment