Saturday, November 29, 2014

Lucinda Williams Concert

   I went to see the Lucinda Williams concert tonight at First Avenue in Minneapolis. It was the first of two shows. I did hear some songs I recognized, like the title song from 'Essence' as I have that CD. Like most tours the purpose is to promote the new album, plenty of songs from it were played. One of them was about the West Memphis 3, the teenagers wrongfully convicted of murder. The drummer was a beast, often given solos to show off his craft. I had a can of Pabst there, and got a First Avenue bumper sticker for a dollar. After the show I had somebody send me a private message on Facebook saying he saw me there but never got close enough to say hi. He may have been on the floor standing, a place I didn't want to be as I would have been surrounded. I liked walking around a lot during the show, and when I stopped to stand and look straight ahead at the show it was on the upper level. It was my second show at this venue, the first was Jimmy Eat World over three years ago. Lucinda did speak of one song being an adaptation of one of her dad's poems, he was a poet who performed at the inauguration for President Clinton. At the end of the show she spoke of getting married on this stage before. There were souvenirs available besides just ones with the venue's name on it, but it was mainly CDs or shirts and none of it appealed to me. I didn't have the two CDs on sale there, but I already had two.
  Earlier in the day I went to use a Kohl's coupon I got in the mail and got 2 pairs of socks- one was Star Wars and the other Spider Man. It did remind me of wearing a Spider Man shirt in my school pictures in kindergarten.    

No comments:

Post a Comment